Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot?

2 posters

Go down

recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot? Empty recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot?

Post by ragged claws Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:18 pm

I'm going to mount an Ultradot 1" scope on my Les Baer PremierII. This will be a slide mount and I think I'll need to reduce the recoil spring rate to compensate for the extra slide weight. I'll be shooting 200gr LSWC at approx. 720fps. What would you all suggest for a RC spring weight, and should I lower the hammer spring weight as well?

Thanks,
Kim

ragged claws

Back to top Go down

recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot? Empty Re: recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot?

Post by willnewton Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:38 pm

I suggest you buy a set of springs and test to find which one works best.  Probably be somewhere near 10lbs. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-complete-recoil-spring-kit-7lb-14lb-government-size-1911-parts-1911/222730622193?epid=1553463575&hash=item33dbc794f1:g:NsgAAOSwa-dWlRBf

As for hammer spring, not sure what comes in a LB, but you may or may not need to lighten it.  Gonna depend on the pistol, load, and trigger weight, etc.  You can finds sets of them on ebay as well.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot? Empty Re: recoil spring rate for slide mounted Ultradot?

Post by ragged claws Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks Will. I have a low power RC spring assortment coming from Wolf Springs. I'll try the 10lb first.

Kim

ragged claws

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down