Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 and 50 yards hold.

3 posters

Go down

25 and 50 yards hold. Empty 25 and 50 yards hold.

Post by Sheriff1962 Thu Sep 13 2018, 00:12

I find six o'clock hold to be the most effective for me at 25 yards. When I try centerhold , I have a problem aligning my sights in the center of the bull.
At 50 yards , I dont have that problem . Does this make any sense?

Sheriff1962

Back to top Go down

25 and 50 yards hold. Empty Re: 25 and 50 yards hold.

Post by Chris Miceli Thu Sep 13 2018, 00:14

target closer so you are looking at it i guess.

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by CR10X Thu Sep 13 2018, 06:29

Fundamental:  Align the front and rear sights.  Hold on an area of the target.  "Aiming" is over rated, sight alignment and maintaining sight alignment within the area of hold is critical. 

However, the issue may be that with a center hold there is less perceived contrast between the sights and the target black. The closer the target is, the darker the black can look for some people.  Essentially, the "bars of white" between the front sight and the sides of the rear sight will tend to become "grey" for those people. There is simply not enough contrast to help with the perfect alignment of the front and rear sights.   Hence you will find that people tend to group into "center hold" and " 6 or sub 6, etc hold".

Use whatever makes the front sight and the "bars of white" look the best for you.  Again being able to see the exact relationship of the front and rear sights is way more important than where we hold on the target.

CR10X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down