Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9MM pistol accurizing

5 posters

Go down

9MM pistol accurizing Empty 9MM pistol accurizing

Post by Pat Nemes 1/15/2019, 7:36 pm

What are the military armorers now doing to the service issued 9MM pistols to make them accurate enough for Bulls eye competition?

Even though I do not shoot competitively any longer I still shoot the National Match course as practice and I would like to use my 9MM CZ-09 for the center fire course of fire. I have done the basic mods to get the trigger down to 3 Lbs and have replaced trigger spring and mainspring the with those from CGW. I'm retired now so this is an ongoing project to wile away the Michigan winter.

Any suggestions?

Pat Nemes

Back to top Go down

9MM pistol accurizing Empty Re: 9MM pistol accurizing

Post by SmokinNJokin 1/16/2019, 10:21 am

Are you asking about what AMU do to the current Beretta service pistols, or the new M 17? Last I spoke to them they had not been issued M 17’s yet to work on, and I would not be surprised when they do receive the pistol, They may not want to advertise what they’re doing to it for a while.

If you were asking what they would do to your CZ-09, it’s a different animal and as far as I know they do not work on them. If you want accuracy stuff for that gun I would check out Cajun gun Works or CZ – custom.

SmokinNJokin

Back to top Go down

Post by Orpanaut 1/17/2019, 6:02 pm

The steel-framed CZ pistols are accurized with a tight barrel bushing like the one from a 1911. I don't think it's possible to do that with a P-09, nor are there any match barrels available.

The good news is that the P-09 tends to be very accurate for a sub-$600 pistol. A gunsmith might be able to shrink groups by welding and fitting the stock barrel.

Are you using a micro red dot sight in the rear dovetail?

Orpanaut

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Nemes 1/18/2019, 10:33 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have a dot mounted over the slide, not on the slide. The mount attaches to the frame at the muzzle end using picatinny mount normally used for a lite. I haven't found anyone yet who sells a slide mount for the 09 that attaches to the dovetail or any type of slide attached mounts for that matter or the 09.

Pat Nemes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 1/18/2019, 11:10 am

According to this the P07 and P09 have similar rear sight cuts.

Perhaps these folks can help https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/red-dot-mounting.html?limit=48

Failing that Evolution gun works can make you a custom mount for your reflex dot.
http://www.egwguns.com/pistol-and-red-dot-mounts/viper/venom-cz-75-75-sp-01-phantom-85-p01-p07-p09-and-pcr-sight-mount-fits-burris-fastfire-and-docter/

9MM pistol accurizing 1a594810
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Nemes 1/18/2019, 5:36 pm

Thanks for the great info. I'm thinking I may be able to fabricate my own mount for the 09. I'm always looking to see what I can build especially during these Michigan winters.

The specs on the dovetail cuts is a big help. I've always wondered why CZ didn't standardize the dovetail cuts among all their pistol variations.

Pat Nemes

Back to top Go down

Post by Wmvdg123 1/19/2019, 1:53 am

Hey Pat, I love the p-09! It is extremely accurate. I am going to post some youtube videos shooting it from a ransom rest hopefully in the next couple weeks. There is a dovetail mount for RMR and such, I have to remember who made it, ah its springer precision.

Wmvdg123

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Nemes 1/19/2019, 10:04 am

I'm looking forward to see the videos on the P-09 off a ransom rest. I'm curious as to how you adapted the Ransom rest to hold the 09 pistol. Does Ransom provide adapters for it?

Looking over my 09 all the barrel lockup points and slide to frame fit appear to be very tight. I really believe it is capable of the <3" groups at 50 yds with the right load.

I am concerned about mounting a dot on the slide. What would be the expected life of say a Burris Fastfire III on a slide mount as opposed to a frame mount? They're pretty expensive to be replacing every couple of thousand rounds.

Pat Nemes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down