Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on this Hammerli please?

4 posters

Go down

Opinions on this Hammerli please? Empty Opinions on this Hammerli please?

Post by CO1Mtn Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:32 pm

All,

I'm looking at maybe buying this Hammerli for rimfire EIC. It's from Larry's Guns. Can you please give me your opinion, if you have time? Thank you in advance.

Link to pistol webpage

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Opinions on this Hammerli please? Empty Re: Opinions on this Hammerli please?

Post by mspingeld Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 pm

Great pistol but you'd better call them. Inventory is difficult now.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CO1Mtn Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:45 pm

What about this model? The xesse standard.

https://frontierarms.com.au/shop/handguns/target-pistols/x-esse-standard/

CO1Mtn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim:H11 Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:37 pm

I have the sport model but it’s not in its factory original condition. I use a CMM 1911 grip adapter, and an aftermarket beaver tail piece. The factory target grips are nice but I specifically wanted slab sided grips for a reason. 

I also have Larry’s Guns trigger kit installed. I haven’t felt what the factory trigger feels like, because I bought my gun second hand with the kit already installed. I hear a lot of people say the kit is totally worth it and the factory trigger has room for improvement. I’ll at least agree that the kit feels nice. 

With the added weight of the optic and optic rail the gun has a nice weight to it overall. As an iron sighted pistol though the gun is too light in the muzzle end of the gun for my preferences. If you purchase one, you might consider buying a heavier barrel weight for it when using the iron sights. In fact that’s the only thing left for me to buy besides a better optic. 

This combination of parts and different sight systems make this gun great for shooting a 2700, then switching to irons for a 22 EIC match. This gun doesn’t please all, but it’s an accurate, and sound option for the cost. 

Opinions on this Hammerli please? D398f610
Tim:H11
Tim:H11

Back to top Go down

Post by Olde Pilot Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:24 pm

X-esse IPSC is a bargain. Needs nothing except a 100 gram weight if you want. No need for Larry's trigger. Just be SURE THE GUN YOU BUY HAS THE GROVED BARREL FOR WEAVER MOUNT of red dot if you want to use for other than EIC.

Most rail/cantilever mounts have to be removed along with the sight in order to remove the slide for cleaning. Stock grip angle is in between European slant and 1911. So, I don't feel the need for the grip angle mod.

Olde Pilot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down