Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much training?

3 posters

Go down

Too much training?  Empty Too much training?

Post by Founder Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:13 pm

The last 1800 I shot in I started having some issues with my wrist (which still continue) about the start of the NMC center fire I was having a hard time keeping the gun from turning in my hand, when sustained fire started it got lots worse. All my shots were hitting 9 ring and some 8's right of center. So I decided I would start aiming at the left side of the black and they should group about the x ring.

Good idea right? My brain would not let my finger start moving the trigger with the dot off target, I swear it was like I had left the thumb safety on!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Also has anyone switched shooting hands and what issues did you find in doing that? I tried some dry fire righty this morning and it did not feel too bad except for the little head tilt (left eye dominant).

Joe
Founder
Founder

https://www.bullseyeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Too much training?  Empty Re: Too much training?

Post by Schaumannk Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:32 pm

Joe are you a left handed shooter? I am and I tend to pull shots to the right when I grip the gun too tightly. Could you be doing this to try and compensate for your wrist problems? Kate

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Kate that is certainly a possibility, my grip is typically what most would consider light.

I was gripping harder it an attempt to control recoil which was aggravating my wrist. Perhaps I was pushing the shots right at the same time? I will keep that in mind next week at Canton.

BTW, Love Wyoming, spent a year in Dubois. Great people!
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:47 pm

Joe, we are leaving for Canton tomorrow. Come by so we can talk about the perils of left handed shooting. Look for the red truck pulling a 22 foot airstream trailer. Both with Wyoming plates. Kate

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Cool, I will look you up. I will be in a White Toyota Tacoma Double cab with a tent in the back of it and a blue/yellow Suzuki ez-up tent behind it. Wisconsin plate 10S N XS
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sapoznik Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Gol'darnit. Wish I was going with youse guys. Joe: please say hi to Kate for me and see if you can get her to play her banjo, too!
Henry Sapoznik
Henry Sapoznik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down