Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old men at the range :)

+3
john bickar
dannyd93140
shanneba
7 posters

Go down

Old men at the range :) Empty Old men at the range :)

Post by shanneba 7/13/2022, 7:17 pm

I can identify with this Smile 

shanneba

john bickar, Caster3845, x90rider, Foundryratjim and sayracin like this post

Back to top Go down

Old men at the range :) Empty Re: Old men at the range :)

Post by dannyd93140 7/13/2022, 7:22 pm

I get that look everytime I show up at the range with rifle and cast bullets.  Smile
dannyd93140
dannyd93140

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 7/14/2022, 2:24 pm

One time I showed up at my range on a public day, and set up on firing point #14. Vera Koo was there at the same time, set up on point #12. We each proceeded to do what we do.

The poor recreational public shooter on point #13 looked at the targets to the left and right of his and didn't know what hit him. We may have discouraged him slightly.
john bickar
john bickar

Caster3845, WesG, lakemurrayman and RoyDean like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 7/14/2022, 4:36 pm

xfiring 5x's each on his blank target would have made him the great one amongst his peers!
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asa Yam 7/14/2022, 7:54 pm

Remember messing with people's minds once at a range in San Diego.  Was practicing for highpower, and saw a table at the other end of the range, where two gents and a lady were shooting a bolt action rifle from one of the benches (sandbag supports), think the target was set at 100 yards.  Feeling funny, loaded a 20 round mag (AR-15), and proceeded to slowly shoot 5 shots at a ~8" gong at 300 yards.  (Iron sights, shooting from prone.)  Once their attention was piqued, shot another 5 at a faster pace.  When they started getting closer to "who" was ringing the gong, proceeded to shoot 7 rounds in rapid fire. (Lots more hits than misses.)  Heard one of them say "it's the guy with the AR shooting".  Seemed they were pretty impressed.  
  lol!

Asa Yam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike M. 7/15/2022, 10:47 pm

You should see the looks I get when I show up and shoot my 1858 Remington.  25 yards or meters.  The Tactikewl Tommies look at me like I was a man from Mars.

Mike M.

Back to top Go down

Post by lonegunman 8/14/2022, 12:05 pm

Many years ago at an indoor range near Seattle I got to impress a group of Japanese tourists with a trick like that and left them with a target they could admire for years to come.  

First shot was a 9 at about 10 o'clock and then I shot a 9 about 2 o'clock on a target at 50 feet or so.  Then seeing the "eyes" I pinwheeled a nose on the "X" and ran a smile across the bottom of the black, perfectly.

Getting the smile perfect is always tough, but this one was nice.  So I had a chuckle and ran my target back and replaced it and got on with my shooting.  When I finished the range officer said there were people waiting who wanted that target.  They wanted it autographed.

I held up the end for my fellow military members that day.
lonegunman
lonegunman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down