Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelson conversion mags

+2
DA/SA
SteveJewels
6 posters

Go down

Nelson conversion mags Empty Nelson conversion mags

Post by SteveJewels 5/9/2024, 12:58 pm

I found a game to shoot that I like. They shoot 9 rounds consisting of 10 shots each = 90 shots. I was pretty busy reloading the whole match as I have only two magazines. To make it less hurried I am going to buy enough mags to cover the whole match, 90 shots + warm up.

I have two of the plastic Nelson mags. I have only shot them a few times but they have worked fine. If I am going to buy 10 more are the plastic Nelson's a good choice or is there something better? If I go withe Nelson's is there a better deal than $25 each from Nelson?

Thanks!
SteveJewels
SteveJewels

Back to top Go down

Nelson conversion mags Empty Re: Nelson conversion mags

Post by DA/SA 5/9/2024, 1:33 pm

I just bought two of these Advantage Arms magazines through Brownells, (more expensive) and they have been excellent in my Marvel. I didn't think to check eBay at the time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125051887037?itmmeta=01HXEHNTAFJP3BZ7ZBK6GCQ4R5&hash=item1d1dac5dbd:g:2dcAAOSwKM9huMWp

I will add that my Marvel runs fine on these, the metal GSG, and the Jagemann plastic magazines, where I see that some have issues with whatever magazine they try.

YMMV
DA/SA
DA/SA

Back to top Go down

Post by JRV 5/9/2024, 8:41 pm

It's all dependent on your frame.  I have a Springfield frame that runs my Marvel and Nelson conversions with both the Marvel/FCW and Nelson polymer mags, without distinction in function.  All feed and lock back like normal.  I like the Nelson mags for the loading tool functionality.

JRV

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 5/9/2024, 11:12 pm

Nelson’s are about the least expensive. Call them and see if they have any previous production(without logo) these were $15 at Perry I think
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1911186 5/10/2024, 3:47 am

I just got my Nelson last month, so I don’t have a lot of rounds through it, but the plastic mags have been trouble-free thus far. 

Don

Back to top Go down

Post by Kp321 5/10/2024, 3:32 pm

I have been shooting my Nelson with factory magazines every week for eight years and have never had a failure that could be attributed to the magazine. I have one of the Brownells mags that I use for practice because it doesn’t always drop free and /or lock back.

Kp321

Amanda4461 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down