Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit?

5 posters

Go down

Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit? Empty Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit?

Post by Blazin 5/9/2024, 9:22 am

Looking to have a 1911 built up tight & accurate (traditional hard fit barrel) to be used primarily for Bullseye and Bianchi Cup, but with the ability to crossover into other shooting sports like Steel Challenge, so it will have a buried BoMar style rear sight. I am going to order the slide and frame from JEM (forged 4140 and square triggerguard). 

Hoping for a smith that’s only a state or so away. Live in Maryland and have been thinking I would use Dave Sams, but are there other smiths I should consider? 

I feel like the number of pistolsmiths who are accepting traditional hard fit work is shrinking, so I wanted to start this project soon. Plan to talk with the smith before I start ordering parts.

I am not new to custom 1911’s, but I am new to a custom Bullseye gun. I know it'll be a year+ wait on the gun.

Appreciate any help.

Blazin

Back to top Go down

Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit? Empty Re: Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit?

Post by PMcfall 5/9/2024, 12:36 pm

Dave Salyer is in S Carolina and KC Crawford (KC Custom Creations) is in N Carolina.
Phil
PMcfall
PMcfall

Blazin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit? Empty Re: Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit?

Post by jimsteele 5/9/2024, 3:35 pm

And David Sams in in Virginia,  I have been pleased with Sams, & Crawfords work. I would talk to them before I bought the pistol though.

jimsteele

Blazin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PMcfall 5/9/2024, 3:51 pm

D Salyer recently rebuilt my hardball gun.  Here's a group it shot when I got it back.  Ransom rest @ 50 yds with 185 gr Federal Gold Medal Match.  Small circle is X ring, large circle 10 ring.
Phil
Recommended 1911 pistolsmith near me for traditional hard fit? 7-2
PMcfall
PMcfall

SingleActionAndrew and Blazin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcforman 5/9/2024, 4:32 pm

Whatever you do, I would wait to purchase components until you settle on a smith. They often have frame/slide preferences based on their build style.

Dave

Dcforman

Allgoodhits and Blazin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by javaduke 5/9/2024, 7:21 pm

I'm in Arizona but I can build one for you.

javaduke

https://eb-custom.us

Blazin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down