Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

+7
trotterlg
carykiteboarder
Ghillieman
Froneck
Toz35m
john bickar
Dipnet
11 posters

Go down

Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP Empty Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

Post by Dipnet 4/30/2016, 3:20 pm

Shot my first CMP match with my Pardini SPBE (sans dot sight of course) and neglected to dope out sight adjustment difference between the long and short lines. Has anybody worked this out for their pistols (using SV ammo, e.g., 1070 fps)? Using a 6 'o'clock hold, my pistol, which was sighted in at 25 yards, shot low at 50 (edge 8-ring). I would imagine the number of clicks between 25 and 50 are probably fairly consistent in recently manufactured pistols. Thanks, dipnet
Dipnet
Dipnet

Back to top Go down

Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP Empty Re: Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

Post by john bickar 4/30/2016, 7:03 pm

Come down 3-5 clicks from 50 to 25.
john bickar
john bickar

mpolans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP Empty Re: Iron sight adjustments for Pardini SP

Post by Toz35m 5/1/2016, 11:58 am

I have never needed to make sight adjustments between 50 and 25 when shooing 22.  If you look up a ballistics chart for 22 it is very flat out to 50 yds.  

Are you sure you are getting the same sight picture between 50 and 25?
Toz35m
Toz35m

trotterlg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 5/1/2016, 1:43 pm

No bullet can shoot flat, it impossible. In target shooting the .22 the bullet rises to the X ring at 25 then falls to the X ring at 50 yards if 6 O'clock hold is used with irons sights and standard velocity ammo.  I was told the reason for the difference in black rings at 25 and 50 yards was to have no needed sight change. If center hold is used sight adjustment is necessary. Mid range trajectory for Std Vel. .22 is 2" if sighted at 50 yards. Another determining factor is the amount of height the sights are above the bore.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 5/2/2016, 10:19 am

I usually put four down with the Ultradot on my Pardini.
I had to come 6 down with the iron sights on my Pardini.
Maybe the adjustments are more fine on the iron sights.
Using Aguila Pistol Match.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 5/5/2016, 12:33 pm

First, always listen to the High Master.  (in this case, John Bicker)  He doesn't need math or tables... he just KNOWS.

However, if you are curious, the ballistics tables say if sighted at 50yds, 2-3 clicks down at 25.  To reproduce that information...
You can go to gundata.org and try the ballistics calculator.  The sight height for the Pardini SPBE top of front sight to center of bore = 0.8"  I used CCI SV as ammo choice. The table generates 25yd impact 0.66" high at 25yds.  Pardini says their iron sights adjust 8mm per click (@25m) and 8mm is ~ 1/3".

I'll let you do the math for six o'clock hold.  At 50yds, you are holding 4" below the center of the X-ring and at 25yds you are holding ~2.8" below the center of the X-ring.  You know that the result gets you to John Bicker's answer!

Keep in mind that Ultradot scopes on the Pardini end up ~1.5" above center of the bore and that makes a difference.  Those tables show ~1/4" high at 25yds. That is one click.  Personally, I don't bother.  Ultradot "clicks" are not known to be consistent anyway.
Glen
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghillieman 8/23/2016, 3:26 am

Pardini SP iron sight adjustments.

Turning the elevation screw clockwise lowers the shot.
Turning the windage screw clockwise shifts the shot to the right.
Adjustments are 5mm per click at 25 meters.

In imperial measurements this translates to 0.18" per click at 25 yards, and 0.36" per click at 50 yards.
Ghillieman
Ghillieman

Back to top Go down

Post by trotterlg 8/23/2016, 11:40 am

When you look at the ballistics tables you need to know you are really sighting in so that you are high 2.8 inches at 25 yards because you are using the 6 "O" Clock hold.  When I do the calculations I get the results that you should be near dead center at both ranges.  This is if you have your poi dead on at 100 yards, that makes you high 2.8 at 25 yards and high 4.2 at 50 yards, nearly exactly what you want.  LarryIron sight adjustments for Pardini SP Traj

trotterlg

trotterlg likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by carykiteboarder 8/24/2016, 7:02 am

Just confirming Dan's information.  (The Pardini manual is confusing... the only trigger adjustment prose is in the section for the FPE and it mentions 8mm per click (@50m).  There is a table in the back of the manual which shows that all of the SP/HP models are 5mm per click (presumably @25m).
carykiteboarder
carykiteboarder

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 8/24/2016, 9:56 am

I've noticed the difference with and without Ultradot with the Pardini. I never thought about the sight height even though I know that it makes a difference with Rifle. Thanks.
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by ebinnion 10/17/2020, 12:00 pm

I've had a Pardini SPBE in 22 now for a few weeks and I'm coming down roughly 22 clicks from 50 yard to 25 yard, with a center hold, and with Aguila SE SV.

In reality, at 50, I realize that I hold something more like like lower half of the bull and then much closer to center at 25 yard line. I've never really had to make adjustments before for 22. If I did, maybe it was 1-2 clicks. This was on both a Marvel conversion and Ruger Mark IV.

Does anyone have any ideas?
ebinnion
ebinnion

https://eric.blog

Back to top Go down

Post by trotterlg 10/17/2020, 6:47 pm

That is a very poi difference between 25 and 50 yards. I would expect about an inch as the bullet is still going up at about 35 yards. I think you likely have some other issues to deal with. My IZH35M is nearly the same at 25 and 50.

trotterlg

Back to top Go down

Post by ebinnion 10/18/2020, 11:00 am

> That is a very poi difference between 25 and 50 yards.

I agree. It does seem like a large difference. I've not ever had anything like it with my other guns.

Of note, I did reach out to Pardini yesterday as well, and they suggested that it was in the realm of normal. The gentleman that responded told me that his sight change is 18.
ebinnion
ebinnion

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 10/18/2020, 7:39 pm

ebinnion wrote:> That is a very poi difference between 25 and 50 yards.

I agree. It does seem like a large difference. I've not ever had anything like it with my other guns.

Of note, I did reach out to Pardini yesterday as well, and they suggested that it was in the realm of normal. The gentleman that responded told me that his sight change is 18.
I think with  change like that I would start using center hold at the long line, and sub six at the short line.

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by Schaumannk 10/18/2020, 7:46 pm

ebinnion wrote:> That is a very poi difference between 25 and 50 yards.

I think with  change like that I would start using center hold at the long line, and sub six at the short line.   

Do you think there is any chance you are holding too long and pulling  your slow fire shots low  due to slow triggering or floppy wrist?    I mean, I wouldn’t ask, if I hadn’t done it myself, and still do

Schaumannk

Back to top Go down

Post by ebinnion 10/26/2020, 12:33 pm

Thanks for the gut check. I put an aimpoint micro on the pistol and sandbagged it yesterday, and it seems like I'll need about 3 clicks down with the dot between 50 and 25.

With that in mind, and considering that the iron sight clicks are 5mm per click, I think I should only need 2-3 down with irons...

So, I must be doing something funny when I'm shooting.
ebinnion
ebinnion

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 10/26/2020, 2:02 pm

ebinnion wrote:
So, I must be doing something funny when I'm shooting.

This is the correct answer for 95% of Bullseye questions.  Laughing
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toz35m 10/26/2020, 2:37 pm

ebinnion,  

If I were you I would focus on getting a consistent sight picture and make sure you have it for both 50 and 25 yds.  Then see where you are grouping on each target and if you need to make an adjustment.

I would caution you before you start to add adjustments for elevation between distances that you can actually notice a difference in your groups and scores and do not do it because the math tells you that you should.  I shot for a long time not changing my 45 sights between 50 and 25 because I did not see a difference and it was one less thing I had to worry about. 

Also think of how much you are moving the POI compared to the target.  2-3 clicks is within the ~40mm x ring.  When you get to HM you may notice a difference.

good luck
Toz35m
Toz35m

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down