Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Hands Shorter Trigger

+2
LenV
Allen Barnett
6 posters

Go down

Small Hands Shorter Trigger Empty Small Hands Shorter Trigger

Post by Allen Barnett 7/25/2016, 5:19 pm

I know that most people have no problems "reaching" the trigger on a 1911.  I have small hands and even my "short" trigger still creates problems for me.  My question is how much meat can be taken away before getting into trouble?  In order to get as much finger on the trigger as possible I use a flat mainspring housing, Ed Brown ultra slim grips and a short trigger. Also which do you prefer a smooth face or serrated face on your trigger?

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Small Hands Shorter Trigger Empty Re: Small Hands Shorter Trigger

Post by LenV 7/25/2016, 5:33 pm

There is no rule that says you can't remove even more of your "short" trigger. I wouldn't remove so much that there was nothing protruding when the hammer falls but you should be able to get close. I went to a short trigger so I could put Franks trigger shoes on my pistols without changing overall length. All of the meat under that shoe could have been removed if I wanted even shorter. Just a thought.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Eulette 7/25/2016, 5:36 pm

The grip safety can be ground down and recontoured to get your finger closer to the trigger. The short trigger can be made shorter as well. I have a pistol that previous owner filed the frame inside the trigger guard and shortened the trigger to get it right for him. So you have options Wink
Jon
Jon Eulette
Jon Eulette

Back to top Go down

Small Hands Shorter Trigger Empty Small Hands Shorter Trigger

Post by Allen Barnett 7/25/2016, 5:58 pm

Wouldn't work on the grip safety and/or frame make the gun illegal for EIC?  I would want to do the same things to my ball gun that I would do to my wad gun.

Allen Barnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Froneck 7/25/2016, 9:12 pm

As far as I know the rule states it has to work if the gun had one. With the relaxing of the rules I don't think you will have any problems. Back when the EIC was run by the DCM they were kinda strict requiring the gun be as near the issued 1911. Thinner grips will help too.

Froneck

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli 7/25/2016, 9:35 pm

I held a military 1911 not a1 and it has a real short trigger . Shorter than my short triggers in all my gun.

Last edited by Christopher Miceli on 7/25/2016, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 7/25/2016, 10:23 pm

What grip are you using?

I have "teenage-girl" sized hands, and I use the "Zins grip" and have no trouble getting a 1911 trigger to sit in the middle of the first pad of my index finger. I don't do the "1st joint" trigger finger placement recommended by Zins, but I could reach that far if I wanted to.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down