Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member introduction Topic

+135
bwoodc12
thebassdude
MrSpradlin
Gartenmeister
whitel
Snappyobx
BanjerMan
Toonces
rrampe
Stuman
wjwillia
TJ1911
Sparky_D
dsimmons
DA/SA
EdgardoRohrbaugh
axehandle42
Fairfaxeddy
Frank Brown
DK
ScottB
House11
FimRire RongLifle
NWSteve
Single_handed
jthude
stead
Miller Harry
SaraiEsq
L. Boscoe
Woofie
SingleActionAndrew
Wolfi191145austria
Lueftl
JRV
Blazin
thor
Danw
BruceV
shootz
Seven95
RodJ
lee212
PhotoEscape
Gilou
rreid
Dcforman
Dan Webb
IowaShooter
TomH_pa
Thin Man
CLM
JKR
Psween
OutOfRound
Nightshift82
Lefty
Jimkinmd
Allen Barnett
Jeff Porter
grinchcop
Olde Pilot
Manetti
lakemurrayman
Marchboom
MattMcL
airedale
Leszek77
1joel1
TDP0311
TonyH
northern41
chaffa99
Mel427
Addison203
dronning
cam_1100
PacFltShooter
Garsutt
steveu
Speedy396
KBarth
mwiggins
duffy47591
Stork
David R
C.Walsh
Distinguished- 2086
Poorboy22
chopper
adamperry62
danhue
bob7398
robert84010
valbern67
Richard L
ilLonfo
dev6682
LRS Guy
Jack H
Bpjunkie
BBLain274
Eric D. Adams
TureB
EWN64
lyman1903
Dr.Don
VNK971
willnewton
mcconnor
jagbender
tray999
tomsp8
SeabeeCE
Jon Eulette
SonOfAGun
limbodude
OneRound
sw_slinger
kilowhiskey
losi b
SNaymola
jimorjames
Pistolina
Soupy44
LenV
gjconlon777
Aprilian
gexhj63
Wobbley
tonton christobal
Robert Firch
mspingeld
Jon Math
DavidR
139 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty New Member introduction Topic

Post by DavidR 11/11/2016, 5:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the family, you have joined the worlds largest gathering of Bullseye "precision pistol" shooter's and bullseye Gunsmith's on the planet! These folks are the friendliest and most knowledgeable to the sport you will ever find in one place and all willing to help with anything you might care to discuss about the sport. Please tell us a little about yourself and what brings you here!
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty Re: New Member introduction Topic

Post by Jon Math 12/5/2016, 8:10 am

I’m an avid hunter and fisherman and in the late 80’s was an active competitor in small bore rifle, rapid pistol, air rifle and air pistol.  I got tired of having to drag around enough equipment for a short vacation every time I went shooting -- and also got married -- and drifted away from competition shooting.  Now I’m closer to 60 than 50 years old, the kids are grown, and want to get back in a shooting sport.  Bullseye style pistol seems like a lifelong sport; and I have no interest in running around a course, hiding behind cars, or dressing up like Wyatt Earp to shoot a single action revolver.  Those are all fine sports I’m sure, and I have no problem with the competitors in them, but they are not my idea of enjoyment.

I plan to start slowly, maybe shoot in an indoor gallery league, and go from there.

I’m here to learn as much as I can from experienced shooters.  Seems like a great board, with very knowledgeable members I’m really happy to be here.

Jon
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 12/5/2016, 8:57 am

Welcome Jon. Post where your from and people will respond with leagues and matches near you. With your experience, you should take to this in no time.

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Math 12/5/2016, 9:07 am

Thank you!
Just updated my Info.

Jon
Jon Math
Jon Math

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidR 12/5/2016, 11:02 am

welcome
DavidR
DavidR
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Firch 12/24/2016, 5:19 pm

Hello all,
I am a 51 years old guy getting back into the shooting sports. In the early 2000's I shot skeet for several years. Intrest was lost and I moved on to other hobbies. These included high power rocketry, woodworking, brewing beer, koi fish keeping(still do), building Hifi speakers, high performance slot car bulding/racing. Last year I had to have a major neck surgery to fix a pinched spinal cord. My neck was fused with a plate and core. I have damage to my ulnar nerve in my left arm and damage to my right arm nerve resulting in loss of dexterity in both hands and the first joint of my trigger finger will not bend very much at all. Having said that, I will never be a competitive shooter but I like to go to the range and have fun. I wish to be the best I personally can be. I am a revolver guy and I shoot a Colt Diamondback .38 special. I will soon be getting a Smith & Wesson 686 and mounting a red dot. I do not want to modify the Colt as it has come up in value and it was my mothers duty weapon when she was doing police work in the '80's. I know I will pick up tips and fundamentals on bullseye shooting here and I thank all in advance.
Robert Firch
Robert Firch

Back to top Go down

Post by tonton christobal 1/29/2017, 3:56 am

hi

I am a fench shooter excuse my bad English. I live in the South of France near NICE

I am retired commander in french national police.

For shooting I use a S&W Mod 14 with single action kit and a SIG P 210 military 9 Luger

In the past since more 40 years I have used Pÿthon 4 and 5 inches
1 Colt gold cup 70 and a national match in 45
1 Italian pistol FAS 32 S&W , Unique french pistol 32 S&W, Hämmerli 280 32 S&W
Hammerli 280 22 LR Unique 22 LR

and lot of others : P 08, HP 35, Beretta, Ruger...
 and so one
During 6 year I was shooting coach for 2 european championships 12 World cups and Olympic games 96 in Atlanta

I reload since 1973 I have 2 Dillon press, Redding and Forster

Friendly
tonton christobal
tonton christobal

Thin Man, UGonzo and goldcupx3 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley 1/29/2017, 10:00 am

Bienvenue!
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gexhj63 3/11/2017, 12:18 pm

Just joined. Starting my Bullseye journey. Retired National Guardsman as of 2014. Love to shoot - fun, 3-gun, BE, eventually NM rifle, all sorts. Didn't learn about all of this until 2012-2013 when I started shooting Governors Twenty matches in Texas, Service Pistol and Rifle. At 50 years of age as a crusty LTC I made G20 in Service Rifle - then shot at the Winston P. Wilson Nation Guard Championship National Matches.  Finished on the podium in Novice no less.  What the heck?  Inspired by the marksmanship leaders, both double distinguished and on a Presidents 100.  Shot my first BE match, the .22 portion.  What a blast!  I'm gong to picking everyone's brains.  See you on the range!

gexhj63

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 3/11/2017, 12:41 pm

Welcome!   no better place for information, encouragement and motivation.
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty Newb

Post by gjconlon777 3/23/2017, 8:48 am

I've been a BE shooter on and off since 2005. I'm still a Marksman, but the fun I have and the nice folks I meet are the payoff! I still have my original guns, A Sig Trailside, and an extremely modified Taurus 1911. I finished 3rd in the Marksman category at the Indiana State indoor last year. In a week, I'll be shooting the same match again and also the Ohio Indoor at Oak Harbor. Now that I'm retired, I plan on shooting a lot more matches this Summer. Good to be here!

Greg
gjconlon777
gjconlon777

Back to top Go down

Post by LenV 3/23/2017, 9:24 am

Good to have you here. I am looking forward to retiring someday and shooting more myself.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupy44 3/26/2017, 2:10 pm

Been thinking of starting bulleye ever since I won a 1911 at a banquet years ago, finally getting around to it now.  My grandfather, Bob Plimpton, ran matches in Asheville for a long time.  I have spent my life shooting smallbore and air rifle, decided a new challenge sounded good.  I have a goal to get my distinguished pistol badge, and eventually distinguished rifle badge, to go with the two smallbore badges I already have.  Of course this also gives me more excuses to go shoot!

Thanks to Cecil, Dewey, and Willie for helping me get started!

Soupy44

Back to top Go down

Post by Pistolina 3/29/2017, 9:17 am

Greetings Fellow Shooters!

I am fairly new to the sport of Bullseye shooting; just completed my second year of IPA.   I have managed to increase my average 23% from year one to two but I want to learn all I can.  Shorten the learning curve if you will....  I have read the entire Encyclopedia of Bullseye Shooting twice and sometimes three times to assimilate all the info I can.  I am lucky in that I started this hobby with only "plinking" experience so I had no preconceived ideas or habits.  I literally studied the Army Marksmanship stance, form etc. and did my best to duplicate it.  Am pleased with my progress thus far and am "hooked" on the sport.  So much to learn!

I've read many of the threads here before I registered.  I've found that at my club fellow shooters are very willing to help IF you earn your mettle and appear serious about learning this art.  After my two short seasons I've observed how many try it and walk away.  Seems most want to just go "BANG=BANG=BANG" at 21 feet and say "WOW!!! I blew the center outta that!!!!"  All well and good if that's what you're after, but don't badmouth Bullseye because it's too boring for you.  Translated..."it's too hard."  So that's my take on it *steps off soapbox*   New Member introduction Topic 1883569342

Glad to have found this forum and looking forward to reading your posts!

"Pistolina"
Pistolina
Pistolina

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 3/29/2017, 9:31 am

Welcome Pistolina. I recommend you read this series of articles. the link to the 2nd article is at the end of the first, and so on. Pistol Shooting: The Art (Part 1) by Ed Hall

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimorjames 4/10/2017, 3:27 pm

Hello All, Have been reading this forum for about a year now since I purchased a Long Heavy Clark and started
looking for information and by-golly I have found an awful lot on this forum,which I check two or three times a day.
I shot a little Bullseye iin the early seventies, but lost the range, got a new range a couple of years later but Bulleyes
never restarted back up, so began shooting other fun things, skeet,trap ,brench rest and silouette so now being
eighty-four years old I just shoot fifty yard metal plates with hand gun and play with the Clark a few times a month.
Would like all of you nice people for all of the interesting items I have run across on this forum. Tks again.
Jim

jimorjames

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilian 4/10/2017, 4:08 pm

Hi Jim, Great to hear you are still enjoying 50 yard challenges at 84!
Aprilian
Aprilian

Back to top Go down

Post by SNaymola 4/10/2017, 4:13 pm

Keep having fun. I hope when I'm 84, I can still hustle to the range and have fun.
Stan

SNaymola

Back to top Go down

New Member introduction Topic Empty New member to BullseyeL

Post by Guest 5/1/2017, 8:13 am

I am retired from 25 years of teaching seventh and eighth graders in the public schools. I am also retired from the United States Navy and Navy reserve where I worked for 17 years in a major server and network environment.  This is where I learned to code in Perl which is what I used it to turn the King James Bible and Koran text files into HTML. I still enjoy coding in Perl and HTML which I use on my website, https://bookspublicdomain.com.

I am a two tour Vietnam veteran and an Operation Enduring Freedom and Noble Eagle participant.

I shoot an S&W Victory .22 cal, a Glock 34 9mm, and a Glock 41 .45acp cal.
I am installing a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight on each one. The S&W comes with a rail that is not affected by the action of the slide. I'm using a UM Tactical UM3 Cantilever Sight Mount on the Glocks so they will not affected by the action of the slide.

Back to top Go down

Post by losi b 5/3/2017, 8:02 am

Hello from Dallas.  I'm a 52 year old guy that decided to take up shooting as a hobby 2 years ago.  I just purchased a new Model 41 and I'm going to be learning from reading through your forums.

losi b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/3/2017, 8:08 am

Welcome!

Back to top Go down

Post by losi b 5/3/2017, 12:08 pm

Thank you

losi b

Back to top Go down

Post by kilowhiskey 9/11/2017, 9:09 pm

Hello,
My name is Ken, I’m from Michigan, and I fell into this rabbit hole a little over a year ago.
Prior to arrival here I’d spent several years working as a parent in the Junior and then Collegiate rifle shooting scene until my kid graduated from college.
Spring of last year I purchased a Ruger, upgraded the trigger (meh, should have had Clark do the work),  joined my club’s league, and had a load of fun. Last fall I added an air pistol to the stable, and started shooting matches with that as well.

I would like to sincerely thank some of the master and high master contributors on this site who generously share their knowledge with very well crafted writing.

Ken

kilowhiskey

Back to top Go down

Post by sw_slinger 9/18/2017, 11:26 am

Howdy,

Just joined the forum this morning.  I am new to bullseye shooting as well so I have much to learn.

I am a retired electronics engineer.  Other than shooting, bullet cast and reloading I also enjoy hiking in the local redwoods and tinkering in my modest machine shop.

Phillip

sw_slinger

http://raptor-eng.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by mspingeld 9/18/2017, 11:28 am

Welcome! A machine shop? Oh boy, you're in trouble! My humble advice: Read as much of the forum fundamentals as you can. Shoot a lot. Ask questions, but search the forum first as the answer may already be here.

Where are you located?

mspingeld
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next