Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing

+13
markgrabowski
Bullseye_Stan
Cheapshot
willnewton
Rob Kovach
kc.crawford.7
john bickar
james r chapman
rreid
mpolans
dronning
Chris Miceli
bruce martindale
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing Empty Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing

Post by bruce martindale 12/30/2017, 9:51 am

I used the link that compiles Jerry's posts and then read the specific post in entirety but the pictures are not there. This man was such a treasure ...

is there any way to see the photos he took?

Thanks all, happy new year

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing Empty Re: Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing

Post by Chris Miceli 12/30/2017, 10:34 am

Have to pay for a photo bucket account to view pics I believe. It’s a photobucket thing

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing Empty Re: Jerry Keefer posts;pictures are missing

Post by dronning 12/30/2017, 11:31 am

Chris Miceli wrote:Have to pay for a photo bucket account to view pics I believe. It’s a photobucket thing
Worse than that, Jerry would have had to pay $400 annually to make the pictures available to view in links. It was the great photobucket hold up.  Consider those pics long gone Sad
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by mpolans 12/30/2017, 11:40 am

Maybe Wayback Machine?

mpolans

Back to top Go down

Post by dronning 12/30/2017, 12:44 pm

mpolans wrote:Maybe Wayback Machine?
Nope, even if you go to Google or any other archives if the pictures were hosted on the Photobucket site you can't access them.  Photobucket deactivated the links to the pictures unless you paid/pay the $400 to activate the links to your pictures. 

If the pictures were hosted somewhere else then maybe yes you might be able to recover them, Jerry used Photobucket for many(most?) of his pictures, as did many of us.
- Dave
dronning
dronning

Back to top Go down

Post by rreid 12/30/2017, 1:50 pm

The pictures still exist, over 1400 of them, just not linked to the appropriate posts. 

https://s604.photobucket.com/user/jerrykeefer/library/?sort=3&page=1
rreid
rreid

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 12/30/2017, 2:29 pm

I archived them also.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 12/30/2017, 4:35 pm

rreid wrote:The pictures still exist, over 1400 of them, just not linked to the appropriate posts. 

https://s604.photobucket.com/user/jerrykeefer/library/?sort=3&page=1

If someone can remind me after the 8th, I'll see what I can do. Not much time in front of a real computer between now and then.
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale 1/10/2018, 9:33 pm

Ding!  Your reminder. Thanks

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 1/11/2018, 6:14 am

And to add insult to injury, Photobucket WILL NOT allow you to download any pics on their sight in bulk.  If I wanted to get all of my pics and Jerrys I would have to click on each one, one at a time and email them to myself.  If anyone knows of a more reliable and friendly source for photo sharing please let me (us) know.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

http://www.kcskustomcreations.com

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 1/11/2018, 9:26 am

OK I think I got them all downloaded to my computer. I followed the instructions in this post.

Edit: OK, here they are. If you click "Download" at that link you will get a .zip file with all 1,440 images.

Last edited by john bickar on 4/12/2020, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 1/11/2018, 10:29 am

Thank you John!
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman 1/11/2018, 11:24 am

As a general production machinist, looking thru Jerry's picture is like traveling thru a art museum in steel. I only wish the story behind many was easily available.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john bickar 1/11/2018, 12:56 pm

kc.crawford.7 wrote:And to add insult to injury, Photobucket WILL NOT allow you to download any pics on their sight in bulk.  If I wanted to get all of my pics and Jerrys I would have to click on each one, one at a time and email them to myself.  If anyone knows of a more reliable and friendly source for photo sharing please let me (us) know.

KC, what's your Photobucket account name? Do you want me to download all of your photos like I did with Jerry's?
john bickar
john bickar

Back to top Go down

Post by kc.crawford.7 1/11/2018, 1:18 pm

PM sent John.
kc.crawford.7
kc.crawford.7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Kovach 1/16/2018, 1:05 pm

John,

THANK YOU for doing this work!
Rob Kovach
Rob Kovach
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willnewton 1/16/2018, 1:49 pm

I did look into what could be done on the site admin side of things to see if we could do something to help, but unfortunately there is nothing stored on the forum of anyone’s outside of a very few photos and lots of text.  

We have no better tools behind the scenes for archival purpose than a regular user at the helm of the advanced search button.
willnewton
willnewton
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheapshot 1/18/2018, 10:57 pm

John,
    Thank you for doing this.

Cheapshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullseye_Stan 1/19/2018, 6:43 am

john bickar wrote:OK I think I got them all downloaded to my computer. I followed the instructions in this post.

Edit: OK, here they are. If you click "Download" at that link you will get a .zip file with all 1,440 images.

Wow, thanks!  I'm not sure I'll ever see the posts linked to these photos, but just the photo's tell quite a story.  I continually wonder: how does (did) he keep everything so clean?  I struggle with that (always).  Incredible archive.

Bullseye_Stan

Back to top Go down

Post by markgrabowski 1/23/2018, 7:31 pm

Wonderful piece of history! I am amazed at the jigs & fixtures he used at the shop!

markgrabowski

Back to top Go down

Post by mikemyers 8/5/2019, 8:05 am

60 pages, 24 photos per page....    should be possible to have a computer automatically download all of them, but organizing them would require a lot of work by people who understood what Jerry was trying to show.  First step would be to get them downloaded, maybe into a Dropbox account or similar.  I used to be better about doing stuff like this.  

Who "owns" the photos currently?  Are they public domain?
mikemyers
mikemyers

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/5/2019, 8:20 am

If you use chrome there used to be some hacks to allow you to see the photos in their threads. Not sure if it still works
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by jmdavis 8/5/2019, 9:24 am

The photos are available at the link provided by John Bickar (thanks John) which is near the top of this page. 

While i don't think that the photos were public domain, there were posted for educational purposes by Jerry. He loved to experiment and teach. A short conversation with him could give you (me) a new way of looking at things. 

For example, I never realized that the weight difference between an Ultradot I with the AL mounts and a Bomar rib was less than an ounce (or that is my memory). When I found that out, it led to other thoughts about loads with basically stock guns. Later, when I had no working 22 a week before Perry, he had me come over and helped me get one to work correctly. He also gave me one of his custom extension tubes to turn a 30mm Ultradot II into a 3/4" field of view red dot. I could not have shot that year without Jerry's help and I managed to finish in the top 10 for my class that year (Marksman).
jmdavis
jmdavis

Back to top Go down

Post by jglenn21 8/5/2019, 10:04 am

Just checked my  version of chrome with.the extension to see photobucket images and it still works fine
jglenn21
jglenn21

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sandxs 4/12/2020, 1:35 pm

Hello, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I missed getting Jerry's pictures, and the links above no longer work. Would anyone. Be willing to share their treasure?

Thanks in advance.

10sandxs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next