Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Range Box Plans

+3
SteveT
WSR32
Mohawk10
7 posters

Go down

Range Box Plans Empty Range Box Plans

Post by Mohawk10 Mon May 02, 2022 10:02 pm

Hello…New to bullseye and want to build a range box. Anyone have any plans or know where I can find some that I can view and print out. 
Thanks for your time,
Bob A.

Mohawk10

Back to top Go down

Range Box Plans Empty Re: Range Box Plans

Post by WSR32 Mon May 02, 2022 10:40 pm

I just found this company, gunfoam.com, that will make you full customized laser cut foam for a pelican (or pelican style) case for very reasonable money.  Their website lets you design the layout very easily.  I was quite impressed.

Here are the two foam layers I ordered. Enough room for two pistols magazines and the essential tools and shooting accessories.  All for around $200 including the case!

Miguel
Range Box Plans Screen10
Range Box Plans Screen10

WSR32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mohawk10 Mon May 02, 2022 10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. Actually I’m looking to build the style box that has a flip up cover that can support a spotting scope and a two trays (1) with three gun supports and (1) for supplies/ammo

Last edited by Mohawk10 on Mon May 02, 2022 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mohawk10

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveT Mon May 02, 2022 11:17 pm

https://starreloaders.com/edhall/gunboxdf.html
SteveT
SteveT

https://sites.google.com/site/sdturner/shooting

Mohawk10 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robuc Tue May 03, 2022 8:02 am

Robuc

Mohawk10 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue May 03, 2022 12:18 pm

The “gun box” concept is really a scope stand and shooting kit box.  Standing guns upright consumes a ton of space between the gun and the box that  is best used for other things.  They’re also useless for air travel.  The guns aren’t secure enough.  And they’re heavy and big resulting in surcharges.  You wouldn’t play football with helmet and padding from the 1960s so why would you transport custom $4000 (each) firearms and equipment in a plywood box designed in the 1950s?
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

chopper and ermakevin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by chiz1180 Tue May 03, 2022 1:10 pm

Wobbley wrote:The “gun box” concept is really a scope stand and shooting kit box.  Standing guns upright consumes a ton of space between the gun and the box that  is best used for other things.  They’re also useless for air travel.  The guns aren’t secure enough.  And they’re heavy and big resulting in surcharges.  You wouldn’t play football with helmet and padding from the 1960s so why would you transport custom $4000 (each) firearms and equipment in a plywood box designed in the 1950s?
Same reason people still shoot 52s and 38spl 1911s. Nostalgia and cool factor. Better options may be out there but the gun box is a staple of the sport.
chiz1180
chiz1180

Back to top Go down

Post by ermakevin Tue May 03, 2022 2:52 pm

Wobbley wrote:The “gun box” concept is really a scope stand and shooting kit box.  Standing guns upright consumes a ton of space between the gun and the box that  is best used for other things.  They’re also useless for air travel.  The guns aren’t secure enough.  And they’re heavy and big resulting in surcharges.  You wouldn’t play football with helmet and padding from the 1960s so why would you transport custom $4000 (each) firearms and equipment in a plywood box designed in the 1950s?
HAHA, very good, Wobbley your so philosophical
ermakevin
ermakevin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down