Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller

+13
Chris Miceli
jglenn21
Sc0
KBarth
Shoffman4
james r chapman
Oleg G
mspingeld
Anatoly
freedomtech
JimH
Multiracer
zanemoseley
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller

Post by zanemoseley Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

I got an exciting email today from Fenton at Freedom Technologies. He has had a more full featured turning target system for some time but it was a bit more expensive than I was looking for to practice and sort of targeted to running a whole line.

His new system (Personal Turning Target Controller) is battery powered and uses your cell phone Wi-fi to communicate with the controller.

The new system does not have audible commands but has a preset delay, currently set at 6 seconds after you hit the button to select the desired cycle, check out his YouTube videos. I mentioned to him that the 6 seconds seemed a bit quick, he offered to have it set to something else, I'm leaning toward about 12 seconds which is approximately when "ready on the right" command is given then have it edge away from you at 3 seconds which is the approximate of the "the line is ready" command. I'm still waiting to hear from him to see how easily these times can be manipulated if at all by the end user. He seems very eager to get input from shooters. I may see if he will create an account so he can discuss the system openly with the forum.

I've asked to buy one of the first production units, he's currently waiting on the batteries.

Here is the product page including links to his videos showing the function.

http://freedomtech.duckdns.org/index_files/pttc.htm

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller

Post by Oleg G Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Zane, thanks for the feedback. You're right, the plan makes it seem that there is not enough room for the backer to rotate. But it's cardboard, you can always cut away a bit more! Smile 
And about the rear L bracket - Yes, I may need to make the bottom board wider. Thanks for this!
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty Re: Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller

Post by Oleg G Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Fenton gave me a few critical pointers and I modified the plan. Should be good to go now, if anyone wants to use this design.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1imKb4uARGminLaXaPz-LonoF1CQATO8b
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty Status Update

Post by freedomtech Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:09 pm

I have updated my website with target stand drawings from both Zane and Oleg.

I haven't heard anything from any IOS developers so I have added some suggestions for you I-phone users, at least in the mean time.

I have also started testing the full sized 21"x24" target using a cardboard backer and it ran a little over 3 hours with 326 face/edge operations. I haven't posted anything yet because I wasn't completely satisfied with the operation and want to tweak it some more. Unfortunately I lost my test area to the snow and with another big storm coming it may be a while before I can finish tweaking it.

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Miceli Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 pm

freedomtech wrote:I have updated my website with target stand drawings from both Zane and Oleg.

I haven't heard anything from any IOS developers so I have added some suggestions for you I-phone users, at least in the mean time.

I have also started testing the full sized 21"x24" target using a cardboard backer and it ran a little over 3 hours with 326 face/edge operations. I haven't posted anything yet because I wasn't completely satisfied with the operation and want to tweak it some more. Unfortunately I lost my test area to the snow and with another big storm coming it may be a while before I can finish tweaking it.

Awesome to hear. I’m not sure what time from edge to face is at Perry maybe someone Here does? Here is a video maybe someone if Dan y software can figure it out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDtya_Sofk

Since we all train for perry a turn time that’s is identical would be sweet

Chris Miceli

Back to top Go down

Post by Wobbley Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Looks like about 1/2 second.
Wobbley
Wobbley
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by freedomtech Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 pm

In response to Chris Miceli
I have changed the servo in this pttc to a slower digital servo with a little more torque. I also changed the rotation to match camp perry's and installed a larger target clip to support the target. The unit will cost a little more in this configuration but for this sized target it's worth the extra $10.00. I have posted a video of the operation here. https://youtu.be/fmZyaH5NnwA
let me know what you think.

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by KBarth Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm

So if I would like the slower speed, can I send mine back and have it upgraded?
KBarth
KBarth

Back to top Go down

Post by freedomtech Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:32 pm

KBarth wrote:So if I would like the slower speed, can I send mine back and have it upgraded?
Yes. I will upgrade any unit for the next 30 days for $10.00. I will pay the shipping.

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by jwax Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:35 pm

If I may add in a safety concern here- You want to angle that AR plate such that a hit there will deflect the bullet downwards.

Fenton- thanks again for the PTTC! Spreading the word!
jwax
jwax

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:37 am

I built the turning target stand using Fenton's PTTC and my stand design. Works great, thanks, Fenton!

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Turnin10
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by freedomtech Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am

I wanted to let everyone know that the pttc is now capable of manual time entry via the web interface. This allows the controller to operate any times between 1 and 30 seconds. This feature was requested a lot and is now included.

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty PTTC Manual times

Post by freedomtech Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:03 pm

We have completed an android based manual timer app for the PTTC which allows the course of fire to be set anywhere from 1 to 999 seconds and the audio for the ready command to be enabled or disabled as desired. A brief video of the operation has been posted at
https://youtu.be/cSUvHs5Ykw4
and the app can be downloaded and installed at
http://freedomtech.duckdns.org/pttc_manual_time_v2.apk

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Fenton,

This is a great addition, thanks! I was just thinking on how to get more flexibility with my sustained fire training and here you come with the solution: I can now set my rapid fire strings for 15 secs, 14 secs, 13 secs, until I get to confidently shooting 5 good shots in 10 secs! Smile
Now, if you add a "Loop" check-mark button to loop the function for 1 and 2 shot drills, it would be perfect!

Oleg.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by freedomtech Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:36 pm

Oleg,
I will put that on my list.

Fenton

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Freedom Technologies Personal Turning Target Controller - Page 3 Empty PTTC Manual times program update

Post by freedomtech Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:24 pm

The manual time app has been updated with the loop function and several other minor tweaks to help improve the user experience. Thanks Oleg G!!
The update can be downloaded and installed from

http://freedomtech.duckdns.org/pttc_manual_time_v301.apk

link updated 07/09/2018 06:45 am.
Fenton

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by davidbullseye Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:02 pm

I know that this is an old thread but I just found it after receiving my PTTC from Freedom Technologies today.

This is an excellent device at a bargain price.  I had it set up and turning targets in my basement air pistol range within minutes.  

Now I find that I need a Steyr LP 50 to practice sustained fire in my basement.  

Thanks to Fenton for a good product!

david

davidbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi, 25 and 50 yard target ranges are at GHH Scotia, WVLT Colonie and others. Does your product work from an iPad?
Thanks

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by freedomtech Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi Bruce,
   I have been looking for someone to write the ios program since Feb of 2018 and still haven't had any luck. Android phones are cheap though and there is some advantage to having a dedicated controller. You might even be able to find an old android phone that's not in service anymore for really cheap if not free. The phone doesn't need cell service to work with the PTTC, just WiFi.

Fenton

freedomtech

Back to top Go down

Post by davidbullseye Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Bruce, 

I just use a FREE android phone that is no longer connected to cell service.  

This system is so easy to use.  

Steyr anyone?

David

davidbullseye

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce martindale Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:47 pm

How does one find a free android phone?

bruce martindale

https://www.bullseyeforum.net/t20747-feeling-center-a-10-bullsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:40 am

Bruce,

Send me a PM. I found an old Android phone at home. I reset it to factory and installed Fenton's app. I will test it with the PTTC this weekend. Should work, since WiFi is operational. If you want it, it can be yours for the cost of shipping.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by zanemoseley Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:03 am

Wanted to post an update. I didn't use my turning target last year much since I had to take to the range each time. This Spring my range is letting me store the target there. Been using it for about a month now each weekend, I just take the battery home to charge. Its been working like a champ, no issues so far. I still can't believe you can get such a nice turning target with a nice phone app interface for so cheap.

zanemoseley

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:38 am

Same experience here - I have been using my turning target almost every weekend. Very reliable, no malfunctions and the phone app is simple but super flexible allowing anything from a one-shot drill to full timed fire and any interval in-between.
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by james r chapman Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:39 pm

Is this no longer supported?

Got it to work with iPhone using standard.
james r chapman
james r chapman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oleg G Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:46 am

Looks like Fenton closed shop a few years ago... The controller still works! Smile
Oleg G
Oleg G

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next