Bullseye-L Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions

3 posters

Go down

1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions Empty 1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions

Post by SonOfAGun 4/6/2018, 11:05 am

I have two different versions of the ubiquitous 1" Ultra Dot.

On the battery cover one says "Ultra Dot Dist," while the other says "Oakshore Electronic Sights, Inc." Also, the adjustment caps are different diameter and shape. Oakshore version says "JAPAN" on the bottom, but lacks a serial number.

Ordering parts from Ultra Dot, I was informed that the Oakshore version may be over twenty years old.

Has anyone observed any general difference in function or reliability between the two versions?
SonOfAGun
SonOfAGun

Back to top Go down

1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions Empty Re: 1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions

Post by LenV 4/6/2018, 5:00 pm

The Oakshore don't have any image reduction and some (most) of the Ultra dot Dist do. Another case of they were built better back then.

Len
LenV
LenV

Back to top Go down

1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions Empty Re: 1" Ultra Dot - Oakshore vs Ultra Dot Dist versions

Post by JKR 4/8/2018, 8:22 am

The Oakshore that I handled recently didn't have detents (clicks) in it's adjustments. As Len has stated, there was no image reduction.

Jim

JKR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down